With today’s technology, there is another option to transform your teeth to get that beautiful smile without involving metal braces. Dr. Angie S. Rhodes offers Invisalign®, a series of custom-made, clear and removable aligners designed to improve your bite and alignment instead of traditional braces.
Treatable conditions include:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Overly spaced teeth
- Shifting teeth – patients who previously went through orthodontic treatment with braces
In the rare instance that a patient is not a good candidate for Invisalign®, they will be referred to a recommended orthodontist for an alternate treatment.
Dr. Rhodes has offered Invisalign® in her practice since 2007, and is proud to hold the designation as a Preferred Provider. The makers of Invisalign®, Align Technology, Inc., offer the specialized training and make certain that you are in the best hands for treatment.
How does it work?
Once you have completed a complimentary initial consultation, you will return for us to take impressions and photographs of your teeth. Then Dr. Rhodes decides on a treatment plan and sends the impressions off to Align Technology to create your custom series of aligners. The aligners are made of smooth, BPA-free plastic and won’t bother your sensitive oral tissue as metal brackets and wires tend to do when you first get braces.
You wear each of the aligners for approximately two weeks before switching to the next series of aligners. Each week your teeth become straighter, millimeter by millimeter. You should wear aligners every day and only remove them when eating, or brushing and flossing your teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign®
- Clear – The aligners are virtually invisible to others.
- Removable – The aligners are removable for eating, brushing and flossing. You can eat and drink what you want, when you want, and you won’t have to change your daily oral hygiene routine.
- Comfortable – The aligners are comfortable because they fit snugly over your teeth without the inconvenience of brackets and wires.
Reasons for aligning your teeth:
- Your bite – Poorly aligned teeth can cause problems with eating and sometimes a person’s speech. Proper teeth alignment can improve mouth function.
- Appearance – The appeal of a beautiful smile is one of the main reasons to have the treatment.
- Oral hygiene – With straighter teeth, it is easier to keep the “nooks and crannies” clean to prevent cavities.
Call today for an appointment with Dr. Rhodes to talk about Invisalign® options. We want to help you achieve a healthy and properly aligned, beautiful smile.